The IIRE has just published Strategies of Resistance & ‘Who Are the Trotskyists?’, a collection of works by IIRE Fellow Daniel Bensaïd including his history of Trotskyism, newly translated into English by Nathan Rao. This 182-page book has been published in cooperation with Resistance Books.
- by Daniel Bensaid - 196 pages€11,00
- by co-founder Joost Kircz and former director Murray Smith (ed.) - 106 pages€7,00
This summer marks IIRE’s thirtieth anniversary. In commemoration of the occasion, the latest issue of IIRE Notebooks for Study and Research is dedicated to covering the origins, activities and highlights of the Institute’s three decades of existence.
- (with Ernest Mandel's 'Basic Theories of Karl Marx') by Raphie De Santos, Michel Husson, Claudio Katz - 216 pages€11,00Not available
The credit crunch of 2008 produced an international recession in 2009.
- by Phil Hearse ed. - 144 pages€11,00
In this 144-page collection of essays, some of the world's most dynamic progressive thinkers discuss how to change the world: including John Holloway, Daniel Bensaid , and Michael Lowy.
- by Iain Bruce ed. - 162 pages€25,00
Brazilian socialists André Passos Cordeiro, Ubiratan de Souza, Pepe Vargas, Raul Pont and João Machado describe in The Porto Alegre Alternative how Porto Alegre's participatory budget was born, how it works, how it developed in interaction with popular movements and spread with local Workers' Party (PT) victories, and how it has staked out new ground in promis
- by Gilbert Achcar - 128 pages€20,00Not available
The US shift towards "unlimited war" precipitated by the events of 11 September 2001 was long in the making. Gilbert Achcar traces the rise of militant, anti-Western Islamic fundamentalism to its roots in US policies aimed at control ling the oil reserves of the Middle East, particularly Saudi Arabia, the "Muslim Texas".